Bug#551180: ITP: mp3diags -- find issues in MP3 files and help to solve them
Owner: Alessio Treglia <email@example.com>
* Package name : mp3diags
Version : 0.99.06.041
Upstream Author : Marian Ciobanu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://mp3diags.sourceforge.net
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: C++
Description : find issues in MP3 files and help to solve them
MP3 Diags is a GUI-based application that allows end-users to identify issues
with their MP3 files, fix some of the issues and make other changes, like
adding track information. It also allows user to "look inside" an MP3 file.
Unlike some programs that are designed to deal with a single topic (like
fixing VBR headers or adding cover art), MP3 Diags is a one stop solution
that identifies more than 50 different issues in MP3 files and provides the
means to fix many of them.
Some of the more important issues that are found:
* Broken tags / headers / audio.
* Duplicate tags / headers.
* Incorrect placement of tags / headers (ID3V2, ID3V1, LAME, Xing, etc).
* Low quality audio.
* Missing VBR header.
* Missing track info / cover art.
* Broken track info / cover art.
* Missing normalization data.
* Character encoding issues (for languages other than English).
Some of the fixes and changes that MP3 Diags can do:
* Adding / fixing track info, including album cover; information can be
retrieved from several sources: Internet, clipboard, file name, local
files, and (obviously) keyboard.
* Correcting files that show incorrect song duration.
* Correcting files in which the player cannot seek correctly.
* Converting characters for non-English names.
* Adding composer name to the artist field, for players that don't handle
the composer field.
* Renaming files based on their fields.
* Changing word case for track info.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 5.0
APT prefers jaunty-updates
APT policy: (500, 'jaunty-updates'), (500, 'jaunty-security'), (500, 'jaunty-backports'), (500, 'jaunty')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)