Re: get-orig-source: possible MBF

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 01:36:30PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > | `get-orig-source' (optional)
>
> ------------------------^^^^^^^^
> As long as the policy says optional I can't see a reason for a MBF.

I disagree, optionality in policy means that you are not forced to have
the g-o-s target. But if you have it, it must conform with the semantics
dictated by policy. It is pretty much the same conformity rules you find
in all API standardization initiatives.

> Not to forget that I think that the get-orig-source target is more and
> more superseded by using debcheckout and providing vcs informations in
> debian/control.

This is a different topic, IMHO not related with this MBF proposal. If
you want to pursue this, you should do that on -policy. As long as the
policy is written as it is now, MBF meant to enforce the current text
have their own merits.

Cheers.