Re: Is it time to remove sun-java6?

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
Hi!

Stefano Zacchiroli schrieb:

There has also been some similar discussions in Ubuntu with some
users reporting that some web sites and packages don't work with
openjdk but I have not seen a lot of concrete proof.
I might look a naive user here, but with openjdk I still don't have
plugin support in firefox 3.5, whereas it was working with
sun-java*. I'm on amd64 and using icedtea6-plugin, even the most simple
examples of http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.5.0/demos/applets.html
do not appear to work.

Interesting. I just tested all the examples on that page using iceweasel 3.0.14 on amd64.. All worked (Granted; at one point I turned if sound and I didn't checked every tiny bit in the "SwingSet2 Applet").

Best regards,
  Alexander

Well I suppose one way to resolve this would be to file RC bugs on the 34 outstanding security issues? :)

OK, I guess it stays but it would be nice to get it fixed up.

Thanks for all the input.

Barry deFreese