Re: Copyright infringement on www.rossbeazley.co.uk

There are like hundreds of these cloning scams. Maybe we could implement some kind of watermarking to blacklist IPs that do the cloning ?

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
The "blog" at <http://www.rossbeazley.co.uk>, which is hosted in your IP
space, is a copy of Planet Debian <http://planet.debian.org>, apparently
intended to gain keyword advertising revenue.

Planet Debian aggregates a large number of blogs, including mine
(http://womble.decadent.org.uk/blog - latest entry copied as
http://www.rossbeazley.co.uk/ben-hutchings-debian-kernel-team-at-linux-plumbers-conference/open-source/).  Copyright in each of these blogs remains with their authors.  While Planet Debian has permission to copy each of them, the site owner (presumably Ross Beazley) does not.

Since there are no contact details for the site, I have no way of
directly demanding the site owner to cease this copyright infringement.
Therefore, please either pass on this demand or suspend hosting of
www.rossbeazley.co.uk until it is no longer infringing.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings