Re: different .diff.gz for different platforms (armel) prohibiting upload

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009, Steffen Moeller wrote:
> I tried to help it out with my OpenMoko running Debian, and while it builds, I
> cannot upload since the .diff.gz generated by dpkg-buildpackage -sd is not
> bit-identical to the .diff.gz that is in the archive. The unpacked diff.gz
> however _is_ identical. You then the the .dsc and the .changes to disagree with
> the various checksums.

That's why you don't rebuild the source package and use dpkg-buildpackage -B
like the buildds in those situations.

That said uploading missing binaries yourself is not the rigt way forward,
official build daemons must be able to build it and you should work with
buildd maintainers and porters to get your package built (and building).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog