Re: Auto Backporting

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> IMHO this problem is not really Debian Science or Blends related and the
> idea to handle backports analog to non-free autobuilds sounds quite
> reasonable - but in this case we *really* make it analog tp non-free which
> works with a debian/control field
>
>     XS-Autobuild: yes
>
> So why not using a similar field
>
>     XS-Autobackport: yes

For some teTeX (or older TeXLive?) packages, I've used a
"sarge-backport" (or whatever the stable version was) target in
debian/rules.  It added a changelog entry with backport version number,
and it switched some patches and build-deps (in particular, poppler
wasn't available in stable, and we resorted to build with the embedded
copy of xpdf code).

Maybe that could help with some other packages, too - then the target
should be standardized for those autobuilders.

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)