Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines (aka DEP3)

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 11:03:37PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> You are welcome to share your feedback about this format on -devel, if we
> identify shortcomings or possible enhancements, we can still update
> the proposal (but only after we had time to get some real feedback
> based on actual usage of this format).

For elfutils, I have 2 patches that I take from the upstream git
repo.  Both patches have their own branch, and upstream/redhat
merges the master branch into them.  So around the time of an
upstream release I do git diff release...branch to get the new patch.

Those branches contain several patches, so it's not a single
commit.  And I'm not sure how to properly put in the header
where it comes from.

Kurt