Re: DEP-5: query about possible inheritance of License:

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 08:40:34AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Having a mantadory Files: field was strongly opposed on debian-devel

AFAIK the opposition was from people who opposed the machine-readable
copyright format altogether, not from people who are planning to use the
format and are looking to improve it.  The DEP should not cater to the whims
of people who aren't going to use it anyway.

(If I've overlooked some constructive criticism to the effect that Files:
should be optional, please point me to it.  In any case, I don't agree that
it makes sense to make this field optional.)

> and is not required by our Policy nor our archive administrators

Neither is anything else in the syntax, so I don't see how that's
relevant.