Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 04:32:09PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> 2009/9/10 Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>:
> > Le jeudi 10 septembre 2009 à 16:09 +0200, Sandro Tosi a écrit :
> >> I was thinking about this a couple of hours ago, but in the different
> >> direction: why not mailing the submitter by default?
> >
> > Because the debbugs maintainer doesn’t want it.
>
> Yes, I seemed to remember something similar to this. Now, I understand
> Don is the main (only?) maintainer of BTS infrastructure, but I
> believe he would listen to us if a considerable number of people like
> to mail submitter by default.

I admit that when my interest migrated from Fedora and Ubuntu to Debian
the BTS behaviour of not subscribing the submitter to the bug confused
me - Bugzilla and Launchpad both let the submitter know when their bug
report has been updated and I think that is a sensible default.  I've
not noticed any users of Launchpad or Bugzilla complaining about that
behaviour.

--
Andrew Price