Re: For the grub maintainers II

Am Samstag 05 September 2009 schrieb Norbert Preining:
> Already reported as a bug, but I think that should be discussed here, too.
>
> Upgrading to grub-pc does not carry over static stanza for Windows, nor
> does the os-detecting code find my Windows on sda2.
>
> Since that is one of the most common szenaria (dual booting) I consider
> the sole idea of generally switching to grup-pc a bit tooooo early.
>
> That should be fixed first before even thinking about replacing
> or using it as default boot loader.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Norbert

I can confirm this. It was the main reason, why i still stay with grub-legacy.

Additionally to that, my very own grub configuration with special settings
(including a self created starting image) was not overtaken.

So it would be nice, if the maintainers might include an option or script,
which is importing the settings of  grub-legacy. I also have to friends, which
are also using debian, but who are not as experienced as me. Would be nice, if
this importing would be as easy as possible.

Best regards

Hans