Re: For the grub maintainers II

Am Samstag, den 05.09.2009, 14:37 +0200 schrieb Norbert Preining:
> Already reported as a bug, but I think that should be discussed here, too.
>
> Upgrading to grub-pc does not carry over static stanza for Windows, nor
> does the os-detecting code find my Windows on sda2.
>
> Since that is one of the most common szenaria (dual booting) I consider
> the sole idea of generally switching to grup-pc a bit tooooo early.
>
> That should be fixed first before even thinking about replacing
> or using it as default boot loader.

Robert filed already after the upload of grub-legacy a RC bug so it
doestn't migrate after the usual 10 days to testing.

Note that we only Suggests: os-prober and not Recommend: it like Ubuntu
does because of 491872
So if anyone want to help that we Recommend it again, then help the
os-prober maintainers to fix that bug.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer