Re: Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

[Paul Wise]
> Summarizing the upstream thread, it seems the solution they prefer is
> to just ignore dependency_libs when linking dynamically.

Sounds good to me.  I can't comment on the Libs/Libs.private split,
except that if Steve is right and this is mostly for Gtk, they're
already pretty married to pkg-config, so I wouldn't think libtool would
have to support this.

Does upstream have a timeline?  After they make the change, how long
before we in Debian can assume our issues are all addressed?  I ask
because most upstreams include a private copy of libtool, and I don't
know if we'd feel as though we need to accommodate that.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/