Re: Serious problem with geoip - databases could not be build from source

]] Patrick Matthäi

Cc list severly trimmed.

| Currently I see only three options:
| 1) upstream decides to open his build system
| 2) we move it to contrib with all consequences
| 3) we leave it as it is

It looks trivial to reverse-engineer.  From just looking at it, it looks
like a memory dump of the cache.

Since it's so tied to the in-memory structure, and the in-memory
structure is so broken (hurrah for a char * for the cache..), I would
suggest getting upstream to use sensible data types or forking the
library.

--
Tollef Fog Heen