Re: Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

* Yves-Alexis Perez (corsac@debian.org) [090825 10:31]:
> On lun, 2009-08-24 at 22:25 +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > 2. only "dependency_libs" to remove their la-file RSN, because they
> >    block removal of the la-files on another package (this flag can be
> >    wrongly hit if a package depends only on itself - but well,
> >    dropping the la-file is recommended as well here as with 1.)
>
> I have a package (gtk2-engine-murrine) present there (with a
> dependency_libs: and which is present in depended_on of other packages)
> but doesn't ship any .la file. What's the problem and how can I solve
> it?

Looking at the package, /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libmurrine.la
looks like an la-file to me. As your package is only with
dependency_libs, you could drop that file on building the package
(depending on your installation method remove it from the debhelper
install file, just remove it in debian/rules, or whatever else is
needed).

Cheers,
Andi