Re: Configurable debian/control & debian/rules

On måndagen den 22 juni 2009, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Mathieu Malaterre schrieb:
> >   My question is simply: how do express that only one Binary package
> > requires a particular Build-Depends package, but the other remaining
> > Binary package should be fine ?
>
> You can't. You specify build-depends for _source_ packages, which in turn
> build the binary packages.  And since you can't specify to build a specific
>  binary package anyway¹:  Why would you need to specify that a build
> depends is only needed for a single binary package?

It would be useful in some cases, however, to allow one source package to
generate more than one binary package by linking against each of a number of
mutually conflicting libraries (libkrb5 and heimdal, to name a real example).
But that would require quite big changes.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@debian.org
Debian Developer