Re: Is Emanuele Gentili MIA?
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 22:48, Devid Antonio Filoni<email@example.com> wrote:
> Emanuele Gentili (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the Debian maintainer of
> rapache package which is affected by an RC bug since a year. The RC
> bug can be fixed in Debian (it is a package issue) but there are also
> new rapache upstream releases that IMHO should be uploaded. Is he MIA?
Some questions, that might serve as a checklist for others dealing
with possibly MIA developers:
- did you try to contact the person? at least 2 or 3 times with (just
a indicative measure) a couple of weeks between each message?
- did you ping a bug on the BTS asking for its resolution?
- did you file a bug on the BTS for activities that signal lack of
maintainership (like new upstream release)?
- did you try to contact his sponsor (if it's a non-DD)?
- did you google for information about the person? In this case,
Emanuele has a blog that was last updated at the end of July 2009.
- did you read Developers Reference about what's the best procedures
about perspective MIA developers (included the email address to
In this particular case, I see that Emanuele is neglecting some Debian
activities, but I see him active on Ubuntu: try to contact him (let it
be public, it's better, for example opening/replying to a bug on the
BTS) and see how it goes.
Sandro Tosi (aka morph, morpheus, matrixhasu)
My website: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/
Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi