Re: Non-unified patches and dpkg source format ‘3.0 (quilt)’.

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > - create directories that do not exist yet (patch will not do that for
> >   you AFAIK or at least that's the assumption that the current codebase
> >   made, it might have changed since this part of the code has been written)
>
> According to the man page, and to tests I did, it does

So there's room for code removal, cool. Any hint since when this is the case?

> > - have a listing of all modified files in order to harmonize their
> >   timestamp afterwards (required to avoid unwanted rebuilding when
> >   patching auto-generated files and their source file)
>
> Can't you get that using lsdiff from patchutils ?

Probably but then I indirectly add patchutils to build-essential
because dpkg-dev needs to depend on it. I have tried to avoid many
new dependencies when refactoring the code. Otherwise I could have
probably used many CPAN modules that deal with this and much more.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog