Re: Emacs 23.1 released

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 09:38:12AM -0400, Adrian Perez wrote:

> Sure, but emacs is a complex package, and I'm working in something else
> by now, if I understood you right. If you mean you're going to work on
> it that's great. I've been using emacs-snapshot for a long time by now,
> I'm pretty excited about this release.

What Cyril meant was, that, the way your initial mail sounded a tad
authoritative ("I'd like to see this in unstable" vis-a-vis a
request). Since Debian is chiefly a volunteer driven project, you'll
probably get better results if you either wait patiently for the
maintainer, make a (more gently sounding) request do the maintainer
(directly, preferably), or do the work yourself and send it to the
maintainer. :-)

HTH.

Kumar