Re: Introduction to multiarch: What maintainers must do

[Goswin von Brederlow]
> 3) Library package
> ------------------
>
>   a) Follow Policy 8.2 (MUST directive)
>      No conffiles, no binaries in the library package, no shared files
>      (/usr/share/doc/package/ is excempt and dpkg will handle that).

We have mostly settled the /usr/share/locale question, and apparently
/usr/share/doc is a special exception anyway....

But in case you need to install other stuff to /usr/share from a
library package: note that anything you compress with gzip, you should
use -n, so you'll get the same bits on every build.  And obviously
think about the same issues for other "generated" files in /usr/share.

I suppose /usr/share in library packages is fairly rare anyway.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/