Re: Switching /bin/sh to dash without dash essential

On 2009-07-25, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
> The existing dash package uses dpkg-divert, which is unsuitable on a
> larger scale (larger than the one dash package). And to have bash
> removable dash has to force itself as /bin/sh. So there goes even that
> little choice.
>
> What alternative do you speak off where the user will have a choice of
> what is /bin/sh?

I don't see us supporting anything else than dash and bash for /bin/sh
for squeeze.  So the current solution is acceptable.  You can try to
prove me wrong, of course.  But someone would need to collect the
falling out pieces when /bin/sh is switched to something they want
to see supported (and commit to that).

zsh is certainly not suitable for /bin/sh, sorry.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

PS: I do use zsh as user shell, though and would like to thank for his
    work on that. ;-)