Re: RFC round 4: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

Le Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:04:46PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :

>         I do not see an increase of accuracy in going from:
>    a set of RFC-2822 compliant fields
>    a set of fields similar to the ones  used in RFC-2822.

RFC-2822 specifies:

   the header field:

           Subject: This is a test

   can be represented as:

           Subject: This
            is a test

In Debian control files, DEP 3 and DEP 5, some fields preserve the newline
characters (which by the way are specified by RFC-2822 to be CRLF), and give a
special importance to the first line. A strictly RFC-2822 parser can not parse
Debian control files nor DEP 3 patch headers, as it will not preserve CRLF
characters.

What I am simply asking, is that if DEP 3 is not RFC-2822 compliant, it is not
written that it is RFC-2822 compliant.

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan