[SOLVED] MTA experts: address rewriting depending on next hop

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 09:36 +0200, Izak Burger wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Siggy Brentrup<debian@psycho.i21k.de> wrote:
> > Here's the question again: which one of the abundance of MTAs in
> > Debian is capable of address rewriting depending on destination?
>
> I am pretty sure exim can do this. Chapter 24 in the manual describes
> headers_rewrite which is a generic option for transports, ie it will
> work for all transports including the smtp transport that is generally
> the last one in the config and handles all non-local email (ie those
> leaving the lan).

Again, avoiding to followup to myself :-)

No, exim4 can't do it either, the reason given in
  http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Rewriting_addresses/Q0807
is convincing.

Keeping that in mind, I'll go for the 2 instance approach with
Postfix.

Thanks
  Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de