Re: Switching /bin/sh to dash (part two)

Raphael Geissert wrote:
Hello everybody,

This is a follow up to my previous thread, with a slightly different proposal.

What actually needs to be done is:
* Make dash essential,

My only doubt, also stated in previous thread is the "dash essential".
Technically I would prefer that:
- initscript package will depend on dash (because of nasty interaction
  bash and mount on some nis  configuration)
- package who requires dash or bash (or a specific version) will
  explicitly use them in the dependencies.
  Maybe also dpkg if {pre,post}{inst,rm} really need it
  (but NOT for package who requires a generic POSIX shell)

It is more as a documentation effort. In general programs will use dash
by defaults.
This is like system libraries (libc) and libraries in general:
"indirect essential".

> make it divert the current /bin/sh symlink by default,
> make another essential package depend on dash. Prompt the user before
> diverting on interactive upgrades.

ciao
	cate