Re: remastering ISOs to append boot options

Marco d'Itri, le Mon 06 Jul 2009 18:01:31 +0200, a écrit :
> On Jul 06, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > Some a11y people asked how to very easily remaster ISOs so as to append
> > parameters to the kernel command line, to e.g. setup the braille
> > configuration once for good before burning a CD. I've prepared a small
> > crude script to do that on
> This begs for a simple way to binary-patch the syslinux configuration
> right in the image...

That's another approach yes. As said by Klaus, that would have a size
limitation, however. Maybe the linux kernel has one already actually :)

Ideally images for all archs should have the same hook so that patching
could be done the same way on all of them.

Samuel