Re: remastering ISOs to append boot options

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some a11y people asked how to very easily remaster ISOs so as to append
> parameters to the kernel command line,

Being able to change the lilo/grub/syslinux... configuration file would
also be interesting. I needed it to boot on a PC with no screen. It had
only a terminal (an old french Minitel 1B) on its serial line.
  I did it by using the USB key boot methods and changing the correct files
(I do not remember exactly what I did). But I remember having been surprised
that booting on a serial line was not well documented in the Debian
documentation.

> to e.g. setup the braille
> configuration once for good before burning a CD. I've prepared a small
> crude script to do that on
>
> http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/remaster-append.sh
>
> it depends on the bsdtar and genisoimage packages, sample use is
>
> remaster-append.sh "brltty=eu,ttyS-1,fr_FR" debian-testing-i386-businesscard.iso myimage.iso
>
> I'm wondering how that could be provided in debian, or whether it
> already exists somewhere and I just wasn't able to find it :) I believe
> it could be more generally useful, for people preseeding stuff & such.
>
> Samuel

  Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87