Re: Switching the default /bin/sh to dash

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:51:58 -0500, Raphael Geissert
<atomo64@gmail.com> wrote:
>Side effects:
>* Errors caused by the use of bashisms.
>* Faster boot, builds, and general usage of /bin/sh scripts.
>* Reduced memory footprint when running /bin/sh scripts.
>
>Counter side effects:
>* During the following weeks I will be working on providing patches for the
>known issues (check the list at [1]),
>* and performing another archive-wide checkbashisms check on binary packages,
>* debian/rules,
>* and then an archive rebuild with dash as /bin/sh should follow.

Do you have statistics about how many packages would be instantly RC
buggy because they have #!/bin/bash scripts and would now need to
depend or even pre-depend on bash? Since bash is essential, it is a
bug to explicitly depend on bash, and after the change it will be a
bug to not depend on bash.

Greetings
Marc