Re: aplus-fsf REMOVED from testing

On 2009-06-24, Neil Roeth <neil@debian.org> wrote:
> I received the below email that my package, aplus-fsf, was removed from
> testing. Apparently that is due to the removal of gtk 1.2, but aplus-fsf has
> no direct dependency on gtk 1.2.  I'm a little surprised at the removal - no
> bugs were filed, no lintian error that the package depended on an obsolete
> package, etc.  Anyway... why exactly it was removed and what needs to happen
> to get it back into testing?  Below the email are the relevant lines from
> http://release.debian.org/britney/hints/neilm.
>
> >     # gtk 1.2 removal, 20090527
> >     # Round 3:
>
> # Round 3:
> remove xemacs21/21.4.22-1 gtk+1.2/1.2.10-18.1 toolbar-fancy/0.07-7.1 aplus-fsf/4.22.1-1

A wild guess would be aplus-fsf-el built from aplus-fsf source package
depending on xemacs21-nomule, built from xemacs21 source package.

I do agree that you should have been adviced beforehand.

>From a quick view, it looks like either dropping the -el package or
somehow depending on some other emacs flavour will let aplus-fsf flow
back into testing once a new version is 10 days old.

/Sune