Should umountnfs.sh allow for NFS shares being bind mounted?

I think it's worth getting some thoughts on this before filing a bug about
it (or not).

Here's the use case:
$ mount | tail -n2
nfs-server:/project on /srv/project type nfs4 (rw,[...])
/srv/project/kernel on /home/fjp/projects/kernel type none (rw,bind)

So, an NFS share is mounted and a subdir from that is bind mounted
elsewhere.

During shutdown this results in:
Stopping portmap daemon....
not deconfiguring network interfaces: network file systems still mounted.
(warning).
Cleaning up ifupdown....
Deactivating swap...done.
Unmounting local filesystems...          <---------- long delay here!!!!!!
rpcbind: server localhost not responding, timed out
RPC: failed to contact local rpcbind server (errno 5).
done.
Will now restart.

What seems to happen is that the umountnfs.sh init script *does* unmount
/srv/project, but the actual NFS mount is still preserved because of the
bind mount.
I discovered this by running umountnfs.sh manually; after that mount no
longer showed the first line, but in the bind mounted dir all files on
the NFS server were still fully accessible.

Should we attempt to cover this in the init scripts by also automatically
unmounting any bind mounts on remote file systems?

Cheers,
FJP