Re: Lintian magic-arch-in-arch-list

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009, Shaun Jackman wrote:

> I have a source package with two binary packages. One binary package
> is arch i386 amd64, the other is arch all containing the
> architecture-independent data files. The resulting dsc file is
> Architecture: amd64 i386 all
> which lintan complains about:
> E: eagle source: magic-arch-in-arch-list
>
> I'm guessing that the architecture line should omit all:
> Architecture: amd64 i386
>
> What's gone wrong here?
>
> I'm using
> lintian 2.2.10

This was a lintian issue [0] fixed in the version 2.2.11, so you shouldn't
pay much attention to *this* particular error.
When using lintian to check your packages use the sid's version, also I
recommend you to use pbuilder [1] next time, this way you can have a clean
environment to test/build your packages.

BTW, this kind of questions usually go in debian-mentors@l.d.o

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/530565
[1] http://packages.debian.org/pbuilder
    http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/pbuilder-doc/pbuilder-doc.html

Regards,
Mauro

--
JID: lavaramano@jabber.org | http://lusers.com.ar/
2B82 A38D 1BA5 847A A74D 6C34 6AB7 9ED6 C8FD F9C1