Re: RFC: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> All I see here is that the tools should be able to extract the information
> from the changelog, which often includes a bug number and other bits of
> information.

I would say the opposite. Once you have created your patch you should be
able to do ˝dch -a --patch debian/patches/fix_typo.patch” and it would
create the changelog entry for you.

Converting structured content in non-structured content is easy, the
opposite is more difficult.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/