Re: Xen - Source?

Michael Shuler wrote:
> On 06/09/2009 11:49 AM, Andreas wrote:
>> Installing it (make), it downloads the binary of the hypervisor!
>> "Cloning http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg "     # (downloading)
>
> This is an incorrect understanding of that download step - it is a
> *source* download from the upstream mercurial repository:

Are you saying the source package does not actually contain the source
code, but is just a framework for downloading the actual source?

If so, this seems unusual to me.  AIUI it's normal practice for a source
package to contain a local copy of the source tree because Debian cannot
make the assumption that xenbits.xensource.com will always be there.

> You can also download tarballs from the parent web site, if you wish.

So why are these not used in the creation of the source package?

Cheers,

	David.