Re: DEP 5 and directory/file names with spaces

On Sunday 07 June 2009 22:51:10 Noah Slater wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 10:44:41PM -0400, Andres Mejia wrote:
> > Which implementation could we reasonably expect most people to understand
> > (to include people not knowledgeable with shell escaping)? For example,
> > consider what the two fields may mean to a Windows user.
>
> To a Windows user?
>
> Heh, I think this demonstrates the one weakness of your argument. The kind
> of person who would be reading the source format of these files is not your
> average Windows user, nor your average Debian user.
>
> One of the ultimate goal is to parse this file and present via a GUI.

Oh. I didn't know of such a goal and the DEP draft doesn't mention this. I've
always thought the copyright file was meant to be most readable by people.

So ultimately it's going to be expected that people read these copyright files
through a GUI, correct?

--
Regards,
Andres