"Gänseblümchen" and the startup process

Hi!

I wanted to set the background image of kdm's login screen to
a file called "Gänseblümchen.jpeg" (Gänseblümchen is German
for daisy flower), but I had to find out that l10n isn't set up that early.
The bug (#528937) is closed now, but I feel it should not be the
responsibility of kdm (gdm, xdm, ... who else?) to pull in localization.

Shouldn't this be done earlier in the startup process? Like in an init
script? I couldn't say for which packages it is reasonable to expect
localized environment. But then, if we're using dependency based init,
the packages even could decide themselves...

Ciao,
		Eike