Re: Delayed NMU's for cross-build support

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 08:58:32AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> The following bugs for cross-build support have been open for at least
> 300 days now and I propose to start doing delayed NMU's for each
> package in the next few days. (dd-list output below.)

> 284167: acl
> 285418: mawk

Nack.  I understand why this is important for your work, but this is still
a wishlist bug.  NMUing Essential packages to fix wishlist bugs is not
appropriate.

In particular, even if the bug has been open > 300 days, you've just revved
the patch subsequent to sending out this email, so there appears to be zero
effective peer review here.

> In addition, three bugs are currently marked pending but have not been
> uploaded: (separate dd-list also appended).

>           465292, freetype

Indeed, it is still pending.