Re: Debian source code search engine

On Sun, 24 May 2009 22:31:06 +0200
Peter De Wachter <pdewacht@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've set up a search engine which indexes Debian's source code:
>
>   http://walrus.rave.org/source/
>
> Currently, unstable main and contrib are indexed, in total 70 gigabytes
> of source.

I'm coming up with "nothing found" for symbols that should have been
found. I can search for things in the emdebian-tools perl packages but
I can't search for symbols used in some of my C packages. e.g.
QofDatebook should find some matches:

http://walrus.rave.org/source/search?q=&defs=&refs=QofDatebook&path=&hist=
http://pilot-qof.sourceforge.net/doxy/structQofDateBook.html

GtkSheet should bring up matches in the application 'quicklist' as well
as the gtk+extra2 library but it only finds 'geda'. The search string
'qls2d' should also match - it's been in the quicklist source since
2000.

Also, when the search fails, the page appears to report that it
searched with the lower-case version of the symbol only.

"Your search refs:qofdate* did not match any files."

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF8&q=QofDate
http://qof.sourceforge.net/doxy/structQofDate__s.html

(That file is actually part of the libqof-doc binary package as well as
the symbol itself existing in libqof1 {Lenny} as well as the new
libqof2 {sid}.)

--

Neil Williams