Re: Possible mass bug filing: non-doc packages recommending doc packages

Quoting Y Giridhar Appaji Nag (appaji@debian.org):

> Debian Samba Maintainers <pkg-samba-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>    samba

swat Recommends: samba-doc

swat is a web interface to administer samba. Its main page currently
has links to Samba documentation in HTML.

I bringed the discussion in out maintenance list but dropping
Recommends to Suggests is likely to make us provide a "broken" home page
for SWAT by default. We could of course patch SWAT so that the page
explicitely says that adding samba-doc is needed but that would be
glightly ugly.

So, that could be seen as a quite calid use case, indeed..:)