Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:56:57PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Also, can you tell us where to write comments related to NEW uploads
> in plain English, so that it can be documented in the Developers
> Reference? I think that debian/copyright it not the best place for
> this, and apparently README.source is not. How about README.NEW? Or
> can we just drop an email to ftpmaster@d.o at the time of the
> upload?

Given that, in response to your upload, you will get an email
precisely mentioning the "NEW" status of your package, the most
natural place to provide such comments is by replying to that email.

IIRC, that email also explicitly invites you to reply for further info
(but I might be confusing it with REJECTs: if this is the case,
experience tells us that patches to dak that improve those mail
templates are usually welcome).

I don't see any need to pollute a source package with another
README.something that will become garbage just after NEW processing is
over.

Cheers.