Bug#525811: ITP: menu-cache -- an implementation of the freedesktop menu specification for LXDE
Owner: Andrew Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : menu-cache
Version : 0.2.4
Upstream Author : Hong Jen Yee (PCMan) <email@example.com>
* URL : http://lxde.org/
* License : (GPL)
Programming Lang: (C)
Description : an implementation of the freedesktop menu specification for LXDE
Libmenu-cache is a library creating and utilizing caches to speed up
the manipulation for freedesktop.org defined application menus.
It can be used as a replacement of libgnome-menu of gnome-menus.
* Shorten time for loading menu entries.
* Ease of use. (API is very similar to that of libgnome-menu)
* Lightweight runtime library. (Parsing of the menu definition files
are done by menu-cache-gen when the menus are really changed.)
* Less unnecessary and complicated file monitoring.
* Heavily reduced disk I/O.