Re: Is Ayman Negm MIA?

Hello,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 07:46, Rince <rincebrain@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ayman Negm is the maintainer of, among others, the gddrescue package.
> The package hasn't been touched by him since 2006, and several bugs
> about it have required NMUs by other people.

Ayman is been tracked in MIA database, and he's quite busy these days.

> Several people have volunteered to take it over if he's AWOL,

where did you see this? the bts, from a first fast check, show only
interests in new upstream version to be uploaded, not in taking it
over. There is only a proposed NMU 2 months old, and stop.

> and I'll
> throw my name in the pile as well...but again, only if he's gone. :)

Please do this statement on a public place easily reachable when
someone searches for information about the package; the best place is
the BTS, for example replying to this bug: #460946 .

Moreover, have you tried to contact the maintainer himself? I'm adding
him here in CC.

If the situation does not evolve in 1/2 week, please contact us back
and we'll see what we can do.

Regards,