Re: About the current state of the Yum package in Lenny

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 14:00 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> William Pitcock wrote:
> > nenolod@petrie:~$ sudo yum -c ak-bootstrap.conf
> > --installroot=/home/nenolod/bootstraptest install centos-release yum
> > ak-bootstrap              100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
> > 00:00
> > primary.xml.gz             28% |=======                  | 328 kB
> > 00:13 ETA
> > [...]
> > nenolod@petrie:~$ sudo yum -c ak-bootstrap.conf
> > --installroot=/home/nenolod/bootstraptest groupinstall base
> > [...]
> >
> > It's not broken. End of story.
> >
> > William
>
> Can you please show me the output of "dpkg -l yum" and the content of
> your ak-bootstrap.conf?

$ dpkg -l yum
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                                                Version                                             Description
+++-===================================================-===================================================-===========================
ii  yum                                                 3.2.12-1.2                                          Advanced front-end for rpm
$ cat /home/nenolod/ak-bootstrap.conf
[ak-bootstrap]
name=Bootstrap Repo
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/10/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-10&arch=$basearch
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=$basearch&repo=os
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

It works as expected... the package is not broken. Removing the package
from lenny would be counter-productive.

William