Re: debian/copyright verbosity

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

> No, the consensus - as expressed by myself and Manoj in this thread
> and by the vast majority of debian/copyright files on your own system
> - is that debian/copyright is primarily about the licences.

Thank you for explaining your position; I think I understand you better
now. I'm a long way from *agreeing* with your position, though.

> That debian/copyright is essentially misleadingly named and is
> primarily concerned with the licences and their requirements and
> little else.
>
> File a bug against the New Maintainer Guide and get on with the rest
> of your life, please.

That would be premature. As I understand it, we're waiting on (and I'm
actively soliciting) input for other purposes of the information in the
‘debian/copyright’ file; not least from the legal counsel at SPI.

> This has gone round and round in circles long enough. Let it GO!

I appreciate that the issue is settled in your mind, and am satisfied
that I know what your position is. You're welcome to drop out of the
discussion here, of course.

--
 \      “Yesterday I saw a subliminal advertising executive for just a |
  `\                                           second.” —Steven Wright |