Re: Using debconf to give rights to users

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, David Paleino wrote:
> From 1.5.9-1 then, if the user doesn't add herself to the `netdev'
> group, the GUI won't start up, firing DBus errors (#516767 is a
> clear example).

Regardless of what debconf questions are asked, the GUI should error
out in such cases before it tries connecting to dbus with an error
message that tells the user to add themselves to netdev if they want
to use wicd-gui. [Python tracebacks aren't particularly informative,
unfortunately.]

I'd personally suggest asking a debconf question at low priority since
there is a sensible default (no users get access).

Don Armstrong

--
But if, after all, we are on the wrong track, what then? Only
dissapointed human hopes, nothing more. And even if we perish, what