Re: KDE/Qt Package Manager (Re: Google Summer of Code 2009: Debian's Shortlist)

> > I have no issue with Adept, and I would love to see a good Qt/KDE
> > package manager, but if we're to get KPackageKit, I'd like to be sure
> > that we won't sponsor yet another APT front-end that won't be used.

Still, it remains the aptitude-qt solution.
But it seems aptitude code is tighten with the gtk backend and extending it to
add the qt backend cannot be done now.

Does it make sense to finish Adept3 when it can(should?) be superseeded later
by aptitude ?

Why not finish aptitude-gtk separation then properly add qt pieces ?

please note that I never looked aptitude source code.

cheers,

Fathi