Re: Google Summer of Code 2009: Debian's Shortlist

Obey Arthur Liu wrote:
=== And the details: ===
[...]

These descriptions are very short. Assuming these are the abstracts, that's not the students' fault. The abstracts were shortened this year to 500 characters. I struggled to shorten mine to fit this. At this length, it's probably impossible to fit a decent summary of most projects. It would normally make sense to use abstracts for this use case. Maybe Google should be asked to change the limit. Otherwise I'd like to see a custom description which describes a little further. I currently can't comment on all projects presented.

That said, this shortlist remains useful, and I thank you for this great jump in transparency.