Re: "Team uploads"

On Mon Apr 06 08:18, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 11:52:54AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>
> > In Debian we have several teams working on maintaining large numbers
> > of packages (pkg-games, pkg-perl, pkg-gnome for example). I
> > proposed[1] to silence the lintian NMU warnings in the case of "team
> > uploads"; where the person doing the upload is a member of the team
> > in Maintainers but is not present in Uploaders. Does anyone think
> > this concept of "team uploads" has merit?
>
> It is a useful concept, but I would like to consider them as "special
> case NMUs" rather than "special case MUs".

Quite apart from the issue of deciding whether or not something is 'team
maintained' in all cases, if you are a member of the team and you are
making uploads to the package, then you should just add yourself to
uploaders, surely...?

That said, the option so far which is least bad is "Team Upload" in the
same way as "QA Upload", i.e. no NMU version number, no  NMU procedures,
no delay, etc, just something to ack the mismatch of changed-by and
uploaders/maintainer.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson