Re: Request for Comments: Standardize enabling/disabling of system services

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 03:04:10PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> * Renaming init script links, for which we have no adequate tool and which
>   is not an easily reversible process because nothing remembers what the
>   init script links were originally and what runlevels they were enabled
>   in.  This is particularly a problem if you have a custom runlevel
>   configuration, want to disable an init script, and then want to put it
>   back where you had it.

FWIW I'm using sysv-rc-conf and it seems to do the right thing (i.e. remember
the previous level)

filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi - http://esaurito.net - 0x6B79D401

Frustra fit per plura, quod fieri potest per pauciora.
It is vain to do with more what can be done with less.
-- W. of Ockham