Re: Why do we have to support tmpfs for /var/run (policy changes in 3.8.1)

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> It is, however, a standard and supported option and it's the default in
>                     ^^^^^^^^
> Hm, what standard exactly do you refer too.

standard, adjective [1622]

   2) (a) regularly and widely used, available, or supplied  <standard
      automobile equipment> (b) well-established and very familiar  <the
      standard opera>

is what I meant.  /var/run on tmpfs has been common on UNIX platforms for
many years.  It was standard on Solaris at least as far back as Solaris 8,
for example.