Re: This topic died off; any resolution?

>         A special rule in debian/rules to duplicate apt-get source for
>  people who are skeptical of thea rchive (and have an ill defined
>  attack vector thay are being paranoid about) -- or to provide
>  functionality that apt-get source is not a duplicate for?

Well, for complicated cases (like ffmpeg, where we have to fight with
svn:externals, external svn servers etc) it is very helpful to have such
a rule. Espc. if some user objects with some of the modifications and
needs to apply changes to it in order to get a slightly modified
package.

I think this is a valid usecase for shipping a debian/rules target that
mimics 'apt-get source' (which cannot know what modifications have been
done to the source).

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4