Re: [dissenting]: Proposal: Enhance requirements for General resolutions

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> writes:

> And FWIW, just not to forget the point: Several months ago, when this
> thread was last mentioned, I expressed my opinion on that _seconding_ a
> ballot should not be taken as _supporting_ the ballot - It might just be
> recognized as an important viewpoint to take into consideration, even
> for a particular DD who is against it.

If everyone seconds proposals that they'd vote above further discussion,
we *should* end up with a full slate of options which could pass.  It
shouldn't be necessary to second proposals that one would vote below
further discussion to get there.  (Although this does make some
assumptions that the population of seconders and the population of voters
is roughly equivalent.)

But yes, one does need to second anything one would vote above further
discussion, not just one's favorite choice, or it's possible to end up
without the best compromise position on the ballot.