Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

,----
| 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
|    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
|    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
`----

        Do we ever distribute just the binary on our archives?  That
 would be illegal, yes. But, if in the *other materials* we distribute
 is the source tar ball, we a re all OK.

        I think we have source areas of the archive, we have source CD
 iso's, we provide ways to get said "other materials" via apt-get
 source, and so we are all covered. There is not real reason to add all
 that into debian/copyright just to cater to the BSD license excerpted
 above.

        manoj
--
It is impossible to defend perfectly against the attack of those who
want to die.